simple smiles #3
This simple smile comes in the form of a story -- or an experience -- that just happened to me an hour ago.
I got onto the city bus on my university campus and snuggled into my seat, happy to get home. Suddenly, a blizzard of bubbles blows past my window. The guy in front of me looked around, bewildered, as if wondering if he was the only one to experience this. But I had too, and was immediately curious to see the source of the bubbles.
Thirty seconds later, another burst of bubbles blew past my bus window. I looked toward the front of the bus, and see the top mirror reflecting on the bus driver -- he was blowing the bubbles out of his side window, providing a magical bus experience.
At first I thought, wow this bus driver is amazing, albeit a bit kooky. But I didn't mind that. He kept it up throughout the whole fifteen minute bus ride, and then I overheard him talking to a passenger who had just gotten onto the bus:
"My daughter gave me this for Father's Day and I promised that I would use it up at work."
My heart melted instantly, and the bubbles became even more magical at that point. Definitely not a kooky bus driver -- more like the coolest!
Since this experience came right after I learned that I will be able to graduate next year after all, combined with calling up The Boy with the good news and hearing him cheer for me and saying he was so proud of me, well ... this Monday is not so bad after all!
Even though I have to write an essay now, I'm going to multitask and write it out while tanning in my backyard. Result!
What made you happy this Monday? :)


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
19 comments:
Wow (: I wish I was on that bus too! love bubbles, in fact I just played with some with my cat.who was a little bit stunned at how the bubbles disappeared soo quickly! haha (: and a double date?! sounds like a plan! xx
awwwww that bus thing is just about the cutest thing I have ever heard. What an amazing dad. Congrats on being able to graduate too!
Aww :) That's so cute :) x
Such a sweet story. The fact that it involved bubbles (one of my favorite things!) only made me love it more.
What made me smile today? Well, nothing yet; but it's only a little after noon. :)
Congrats on all the good news!! Sounds like a great day. I start classes next week... maybe if it stops raining I can multitask by studying and tanning too!
Aww, the bubble bus, so cute! I'm glad you get to graduate!!
That is a lovely story and an equally lovely picture!
how cuuuuuuuuuuute!!! <3 <3
that story made my day.
bubbles are big in japan (hee hee) during summer time. i always have a bunch floating by my head
Congrats! Bubbles are such a simple but sweet pleasure!
that story just made my heart smile :) thank you for that! so glad your day was wonderful
I love stories that make me smile! :0)
<3
omgosh, cutest story/dad ever!! that made my day so happy, and it just started! thanks for posting :)
k i just teared up a bit. what a beautiful story! there is something so special about a father daughter relationship, something i never had to experience but love to hear about. i think this would've made my day as well. to answer your question, what made me happy on monday? experiencing the rincon center in SF and of course my yummy fro-yo. :)
Aww what a great story! That is so cute; I think in our skeptical world, the first thing we'd think of when we see our bus driver blowing bubbles is "this guy is not 100%," but it turns out he's just a caring dad who made everyone he was driving a little happier.
Good luck on your essay!
Awww, how cute. Surprising how such simple things can bring a smile to our lives!
That is SO cute!
That is the cutest story ever! I am jealous that you get to tan while writing your essay.
@ Adele: Awh, that's so cute that you play with your cat like that ... my dog would probably run away in fear. And yay for double date, haha :D
@ Olivia Rae: Thanks so much! And I agree ... warmed my heart so much!
@ Margarita: Haha at the bubble bus, that made me laugh. And thank you :)
@ becks: Ah, I wish I took a picture of the bubbles as they were going by, but that picture is just as good I think!
@ sarah: Aww, I'm glad it made your day! I wish there were more bubbles around here ... looks like I'm going to have to travel to Japan :D
@ Kristin: Thanks, and I so agree :)
@ nicole addison: No problem :) I knew that was a story worth sharing, I'm glad it brought a smile to your face!
@ Iva: Yay! :) Me too!
@ josie(bean): Woot, I'm glad it made your day!!
@ bananas.: Oh wow, it touches me that it affected you like that. It is really amazing, and just a testament that there are some really great father/daughter relationships!
@ steph: Thanks for the good luck, I need it! And I agree, many people jump on the whole 'he's crazy' ship ... and I'm glad I got the full story!
@ Jewels Diva: So true ... I love the simple things and how they can greatly affect us :)
@ SassyGirl: I agree :)
@ RCaitlin: Haha, I just decided to write it out by hand while lying on my stomach, since I needed to even out my tan ... worked out pretty well! :)
sweeeetest thing ever!
Post a Comment