Pages

T.G.I.F at last!

Yahoo, it's Friday! Now, I don't have anything necessarily planned for this weekend, apart from starting an essay on King Lear and designing a website for a home renovation company, but, it's nice to have a few days off regardless! Kailani over at An Island Life has a great Friday meme called Aloha Friday that has a question a week! This week's question is: What's your favourite thing about summer?

I have two answers:
1) Being able to watch the sunset with it still being warm out, and not caring if your shorts are getting dirty as you sit on the ground or the sand and feel the warmth of the sun being replaced by beautiful stars.
2) THE BEACH! Having that lazy day, wearing an amazing bikini (I'm definitely eyeing this one in white from La Vie En Rose Aqua), and eating some ice cream. The beach allows for activity (either playing volleyball or making out in the sand), being lazy (lying on the beach while reading a magazine), and refreshment (in the form of swimming in the water or enjoying some yummy food). I love it.

What are your faves about summer? Also, the lovely Nicole over at my teacups in peony awarded me with the Funky Blog award! Thanks so much, I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog, it's an amazing read from an amazing person!



There's not really any specifics on who to tag, so I'm going to award Steph, from That Girl Is Hoison, Margarita, from Ramblings of a Fab Brunette, Iva from Iva Messy, and Kristin & Megan from BonBon Rose. These four are just a sample of the blogs I love to follow, so make sure to visit them!

Now, since this blog is all over the place, I'm going to end with some random samplings from a phone conversation with The Boy this morning. Keep in mind, we joke around A LOT and usually speak sarcastically to each other.

Talking about working out, me pulling that 'am I fat?' thing girlfriends do, jokingly!
ME: "You gotta help boost my self-confidence. So, what am I?"
HIM: "How am I supposed to answer that?"
ME: "With your heart!"
HIM: "You are a beautiful ... caterpillar ..."
ME: "..."
HIM: "... Butterfly, um, butterfly!"

Talking about how to pass the time before he goes to the university offices at 1pm. I have to warn you, I'm semi-deaf and usually say 'PARDON' at least 50 times a day!
ME: "You can have some lunch in the meantime."
HIM: "Or some sex."
ME: "Yeah, you can have some snacks."
HIM: "Umm ..."
ME: "Oh, you said SEX!"

And, we quote movies on a regular basis
ME: "I am Sparticus!"
HIM: "Are you really?! That's so cool!"
ME: "No. I'm, uh, quoting the movie."
HIM: "I'm so disappointed now. My life has no meaning."
ME: "I love you!"
HIM: "Ah, the meaning has returned."

On that note, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

btemplates

8 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thanks sweetness. You're the best!!

Design It Chic said...

thanks for stopping by my blog a few days ago! I love comments anytime! Oh and also since you mentioned An Island Life.. maybe you'd like to check on my blog cause I'm part of that craziness and I'd like your input on the question I'm having up today!
Have a nice Friday!

Kokonad said...

Ha ha ha ha! Loved the conversations!

Unknown said...

hahahaha! "butterfly, um, butterfly!" hahah! awesome... and the snacks/sex part. you guys remind me of me and my bf... its a comedy show everday. haha!

nicole mountz said...

thank you for the sweet shout out :) and the convos between you and your boy made me laugh out loud! i'm part deaf also and people alllwayys have to repeat themselves around me.. i think it gets a tad annoying ;)

Archana said...

Haha miscommunication (snacks/sex) always cracks me up. Makes for funny convos to look back on. :P

As for summer, it's summer 24/7 here in Singapore so I'm one of those nuts that craves a little winter - - you know, cozy fires, hot chocolate, snow, etc. Lol. Though in the summer, there's nothing better than enjoying a pitcher of Sangria with friends while chit-chatting & people watching at an outdoor cafe. Pure bliss. :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Congratulations for the award!

Aw, you and The Boy have the cutest conversations. It's as if they flow so easily. I want a boy that I can have free-flowing cute conversations with. :(

As for my faves about the summer...shopping, bikinis, relaxing, sunglasses, mini skirts...the norm. Regardless, like Archana, I crave winter - boots, hot chocolate, snow... :)

Nikolett said...

@ Kristin: Aww :) Likewise, you're awesome!

@ Design It Chic: Definitely will stop by, even though it's Saturday now haha!

@ Kokonad: I had to share 'em since I knew they'd amuse someone :)

@ Kym: I'm so glad to hear another couple is like that! It's like a free comedy show everyday haha.

@ nicole addison: You're welcome, you're amazing :) And ahh, being part-deaf really sucks, eh? I always mishear everything!

@ Archana: Definitely :) that's why I make sure to write them down so I'll never forget them. And ahh, I'd love to visit Singapore, my friend went there last summer to visit her family, it looks like a great place!

@ Cafe Fashionista: Thank you! And awwh ... you make me frown, I really do hope you'll find a boy like that, who will give you a reason to smile everyday! And shopping and bikinis -- two things I did today haha :)