Pages

wednesday wishes

I have a dream ... okay, now I sound like Martin Luther King Jr. In reality, I am a university student relying heavily on my parents' funds in order to get some sort of education. I've had my share of summer and seasonal jobs, and am hoping to attend teacher's college after I graduate in '10. But my real goal before attending teacher's college is: GOING THROUGH EUROPE in the summer.

So far, I've saved up $350 ... nowhere near enough, but I'm trying to save every last penny that I can to go. The Boy and I are planning to visit more so eastern Europe, traveling through our 'homelands', plus all the countries surrounding it.

I decided to make 'hump day' my Wednesday Wishes day. Whether it's weekly or bi-weekly (since err, I have a habit of forgetting to do things weekly), I'm going to share wishes of where I want to visit, things I want to do, and places I want to dive into. This week, it's Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Wish with me!


To sip on coffee here would be a beautiful thing.
And, I have a soft/weird spot in my heart for telephone booths. It's an obsession I can't explain!


There's a pedestrian-only street in Budapest called Vaci Utca -- translated, it's called Fashion Street. What an amazing name for a place with H&M, Clinique, and tons more! I definitely have to go here.


I want to go full-out tourist and see numerous statues, and then take pictures mimicking the statues. I'm cool.


Széchenyi Thermal Bath is one of the largest spa complexes in Europe. And it's gorgeous. Imagine swimming in warm water, surrounded by bright yellow castles. It's amazing.


Taking a stroll by a pond or the Danube (perhaps with a Hello Kitty balloon in hand?) and taking a look at the sights at nightfall ... it would be wonderful.


Ah, I'm done wishing for today. Let me know if this is a good 'installment' to have on my blog, I just thought it'd be a neat idea!

btemplates

11 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, can I come? I have always wanted to tour Europe in the summer. I don't believe there is a more fabulous way to spend the warmer months. And the locations you mentioned/pictured? I want to see them all up close and personal. J'adore!

Anonymous said...

Get a job ya bum!! I'm j/k. But seriously.. lol. Start selling your services as a blog designer!! People will pay!! Just put some info up on the side, make one page about it... I'll advertise!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a fab series! Makes me want to go to Budapest! I never made it there...but now it's on the list!

Unknown said...

oh man, the architecture in europe is just... amazing. i wanted to go around europe in 2008 wth a friend but it never happened.. its still a dream of mine. happy saving! :)

Emy Augustus said...

I want to go. thanks for making me feel cabin fever all of a sudden. jkjk.
i will soon have just as little money saved up since i have to pay a 2 month deposit for an apt. not looking forward to that!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm in. I'm dying to get to Europe ASAP!

hannie said...

$350 is ALOT! thats a huge temptation to not spend haha. thats more than i have saved up and im going to Japan this august -____-"

kudos to you and your determination!

Archana said...

Hey, just came across here through 20something. Couldn't help but click in, cause my life revolves around coffee too, hehe. :) You have a really nice theme/layout to your blog - - love that your blogroll is titled 'My Caffeine Fix'.

Anyway, coming to your post traveling is one my most favorite things. And Europe is absolutely gorgeous - and if you have a thing for phone booths, they're everywhere, lol. I think they're so quaint - minus the sketchy ads posted inside of them (try stepping into a phone booth in London, you'll see what I mean).

Nikolett said...

@ Cafe Fashionista: you're definitely more than welcome to join us! I went to Poland last summer for two weeks and now I'm just craving more!

@ Margarita: I have a one-month job in July, yay! Thanks for the advice!

@ teasinglydiverse: Thanks so much! Not a lot of people know too much about Budapest, so I had to advertise it!

@ Kym: Aw, I hope you make it happen someday, it's an amazing trip!

@ Emy: Haha, sorry about that! Good luck with funds for the apartment!

@ Kristin: I hope you make it happen, we can live vicariously through these 'wishes' haha :)

@ hannie: Thanks! I need a lot more though, since I'm paying for everything, airfare and all. I'm so jealous you're going to Japan!!

@ Archana: Thank you so much for your kind comments! Don't know if I'll be going to London just yet next summer, but I'll definitely keep that in mind when I go into a phone booth next :)

Iva Messy said...

Hi Nikolett! Budapest is beautiful! I've been there a time or two. Thank you for posting and sharing! Very cool. (also on a separate note- thank you so very much for your comment! I really appreciate it, and I am grateful to our blog friendship!)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

Budapest - hmm, I didn't like it much. But that's partly the food which was ropy.