TMI Thursday: Carbs, Carbs, Carbs
Welcome to the Phi Phi Islands, located in Thailand ... and this picture is now located on my wall. I found it at the poster sale at my university and it automatically brought me calm, relaxation, and daydreams about going to a beautiful place with crystal clear waters. I also figured it'd be a good thing to look at after a disturbing nightmare or a story. So, if you find the story below too disturbing, just scroll back up and enjoy the picture!
I've decided to take up Lilu's hysterical idea of TMI Thursdays ... since I figure I've experienced my share of TMI. Most of them seem to happen on the city bus, and this one was no different ...There was a rather heavy woman sitting behind me on the bus, yapping away on her cell phone. Now, even though I listen to my mp3 player, my earphones are pretty crappy so I can normally hear everything around me. Her conversation was impossible to ignore as she was pretty much SHOUTING everything.
All I could hear was: "Well you know, Brandon's a STICK, Jessica's a STICK, it seems like me and my husband are the only fatso's in the house. So I'm on this diet, right? But apples have carbs! Bananas have potassium and carbs. I can't believe apples have carbs. And I can't eat too many carbs. CARBS, CARBS, CARBS."
If I heard carbs one more time I swore I would wheel around and tell her if she wanted to lose weight, she should pay attention to exercising, not just carbs. But the one-sided conversation (on my end) continued:
"At McDonald's, I found this great alternative. The spicy Thai chicken salad, it's actually really good. Of course, I kinda cheat and fatten it up with all the sauce and dressing I put on it. But y'know!"
At this point, I didn't even know what to think until she threw out this little gem:
"It's so weird though, because it's so hard to poop nowadays. Like, I'm eating less junk and less carbs, and the poo gets so hard and I literally sit on the toilet for 45 minutes sometimes just trying to crank something out! You know those clamps you use for barbeques to flip burgers? I might need those to reach for the poop to pull it out!"
I nearly gagged. At this point, other people around me were staring at this woman, as if to shout with their eyes, "DO YOU NOT KNOW YOU'RE ON A BUS?!" Thankfully, her conversation ended a few minutes afterwards (maybe her friend was as disturbed as everyone else was) and she looked around at her fellow passengers, apparently oblivious that she just told the whole bus about her bowel problems.
Ahh, Phi Phi Islands ...
Oh by the way, I got kickass new earphones yesterday so now I can drown any more horrifying stories out while on the bus. Thank the Lord. So yes, hope you enjoyed this first edition of TMI Thursdays, tee-hee.
Oh, and if you wanted to ask me a question, you have a last chance today either in the comments today or at this post to ask me something you've always wanted to know! I'ma answer 'em tomorrow!
Hope you all have a good Thursday :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
11 comments:
Somebody needs some Metamucil... ;-)
Happy TMIT, love!
You should have just cut the meanest fart you've ever mustered up, and then said, "Well, you were the one TALKIN about it!"
ewwwww LOL!!!!
YUCK!! I used to have that same poster! Great minds think alike ;)
Seriously, loud people are so NOTTT okay. Hahaha.
And I like you like Phi-phi Island, it really is pretty :)
Toss her some XLAX!!! That's hillarious...couldn't stop laughing :)- Thank goodness for NEW headphones.
Ironically, I have the exact opposite problem with a low carb diet. More TMI fodder :)
Ahahaha...this is funny. What was that lady thinking talking about her bowel problems on a bus filled with passengers? That's kind of disturbing to hear, heh?!
Anyway, I emailed you regarding the guest post thing. I look forward to you posting on my blog. It would be an awesome post for sure! :)
Oh and by the way, I can't wait to know your answer to my question. Good to know I'll get it tomorrow...weeee! :)
I honestly cannot stand when people feel the need to shout everything - I can't deal with individuals like that. And when your conversation is on such a disgusting topic matter...please, save it for the privacy of your own home! I feel horrible for you having to overhear such a thing! :)
That is way TMI to be subjected to. Ick.
dude. one of the reasons i like living in japan... people would rather die than be loud and share personal information.
and, then again, i might not understand it all, s thats good too..
bleugh. usually i like eavesdropping, but DAMN... T.M.III
Post a Comment