the last post of this decade...
I make it sound so ominous, don't I? I still remember, a decade ago, when the clock hit midnight and a bunch of people around the world sighed a sigh of relief that the computers didn't go haywire. That's one thing I find interesting about these "end of the world" things that are supposed to happen at midnight -- what about time zones, people? Which midnight will this happen on?
Speaking of time zones, several people are already in 2010! Hello, people in the futue year! Meanwhile, it's still the afternoon of the last day of 2009. One in which I'll be exercising (oy vey), getting ready, getting dressed up, and having fun with The Boy and anyone else ... it's expected to be a pretty random night, but altogether this has been a pretty random year!
This year I cross-dressed as a man for a Shakespeare assignment, celebrated my 21st birthday, made really great friendships, applied to teacher's college, grew in happiness with The Boy, and have missed my sister and niece so much. I also never expected to make such amazing blogger friends with this blog. It was created mostly just to keep in touch with my sister, especially now that she's moved to Vancouver, and yet it grew and grew and I'm so thankful for all of you :)
Soooo: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope 2010 is amazing!
My resolution goal (resolutions always seem to be broken) is to be happy ... and lose 3lbs. That's all. (Ahh, Mean Girls reference right there, by the way). What are your goals/wishes for the upcoming year/decade?
And here's a picture from my trip yesterday to Toronto to see some friends!
I believe it's one of my first non-crouching pictures. I am proud.
And maybe this weekend I'll have a 2009 recap/2010 survey type thing. For now, have a happy new year, be safe, drink some bubbly if you'd like, and don't fret about getting a kiss at midnight .. just be happy!
Love you all :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
happy new year nikolett!!!!!!!!!! i hope your 2010 is amazing! love you :)
Happy New Year, I hope it is fantastic for you! By the way thanks so much for the card, it arrived a while ago and I really appreciate it! :)
Happy New Year, Nikolett! :-) Have a great one!
Hahahhah yes, i remember 2000.... everyone stocked up on water and other items in case the world was to shut down. Lookin' back it's pretty silly cus you're right... who's midnight would it have been?
HAPPPY 2010, so glad to have met you!!! <3
Happy New Year Lady!!! so glad to have gotten to 'know' you a little bit!! I can't wait for learning more and blogging more with you in 2010!! ;)
Beautiful photo! Cheers to a wonderful New Year!
Yay! I'm in the future year! Always a step ahead of you *bleeeee :P
I love how I find sooo many new bloggy friends in 2009, and oh, I can't believe it's only been a year, I mean... I thought we've all been friends since forever!
2000 was fabs! Haha, I was still so young back then and I couldn't understand the whole Y2k thingm and bugs, and all... (maybe not because I'm young, I was just simply clueless I guess, lol)
So HAPPY NEW YEAR! ;D
and this is my 2nd comment on 2010, the first one was to Manju, ha! :p
and finally oh finally! You did not crouch on a photo! And girl, you're hella tall. I'll prepare a high heels if we're gonna meet. We're gonna meet, I believe ;)
Happy new year nikolett!
I'm already in the new year for a few hours now! :P
loves
Hahhaha..I remember Regina George saying: "I really wanna lose 3 pounds." I heart Mean Girls! :)
Happy New Year, Nikolett! It has been a pleasure knowing you. I hope you continue to entertain us with your beyond awesome posts! And dang, you're so tall in that picture. If fate allow us to meet one day in person, remind me to bring my 4 or 5-inch heels so I won't look like a dwarf standing beside you! Hahaha.
Happy new year Nikolett! It is now 7:14PM here on 1st of January 2010 as I type this :D
Thank you for sharing your 2009 with us. I'm looking forward to more years of friendship ♥♥
Happy new year my gorgeousness! I love that you created a blog and commented on mine, discovering your blog and talking to you have been awesome. Wish I could meet you ( and your fabulous sis ) someday :)
Enjoy your nye :D
Happy new year may it be the best one yet =)
Hullo you! I received your post. I came home one night to find it sitting on my bed. Thanks soo much. It brightened my night. I love that lil bow necklace. how pretty! Happy new year!
Happy New Year! :) I hope 2010 is a fantastic year for you, girl. :)
Happy, Happy New Year my love!! :)
There's always plenty of time to get that kiss. I can't remember any of them before the hubs now. : ) Happy new year!
Post a Comment