simple smile + snowy goodness!
You know what makes a Monday morning even worse after knowing that you've just had a week off from school and you really don't feel like going back? Waking up to a crazy snowstorm and traveling in it!, with your eyes being blinded by crazy wind-snow. We've finally been hit by some overdue snow ... though I would have prefered it last week (toboganning time!). Now I just feel like giving it to Vancouver.
I hope you all had great weekends, though! Mine consisted of Mission Cheer-Up on Friday, by going over to The Boy's place. Our recipe for cheering him up? Plenty of hugs and cuddles, a huge meal of pizza and honey garlic chicken wings (yum), and then 27 Dresses ... chick-flicks like that always cheer me up and it cheered him up, too. The Boy claims he has more than 27 dresses though ... I'd like to see that, haha. We also watched 2012, which ... I wouldn't recommend. Oh, and I also dyed my hair a light reddish-brown, but the pictures I've taken so far are incredibly emo so I'll show that some other time. Then Saturday consisted of a random bubble tea outing with two close friends and then meeting up, even morerandomly, with the drift-away friend I've mentioned before. It wasn't as awkward as I was expecting, but I could tell that our friendship wouldn't be as close as it was in the past. Overall, a good weekend to close off a week of relaxation.
A look at a snow-covered fire hydrant and me walking home :)

Don't lie ... you want a sip of that strawberry banana bubble tea, don't you? ;)
But yes, walking to a bus-stop while being blinded by snow isn't a fun way to spend your Monday morning, fo sho. Knowing that I'll be seeing MUSE in TWO WEEKS is my simple smile of the week, though! Another thing that makes smile are these two awards!
The cute Gingerella (who's celebrating her birthday tomorrow, give her a shout!) awarded me with the Beautiful Blogger award. Thanks so much! The rules are to give this to 15 other bloggers you deem fantastic or beautiful. I'd seriously give this to every one of you if I could, haha.So here goes, I award this to: 1) Krissy at i am krissy; 2) Andhari at Insomniac Lolita; 3) Amanda at Teasingly Diverse; 4) Juliana A Blonde Walks Into A Blog; 5) Tiara Little Miss Tiara; 6) Mayra at Life is Bananas; 7) Iva at Iva Messy; 8) Sarah at Sarah Does Japan; 9) Nahl at The Girl in the Blogging Department; 10) Kym at Bee Creative; 11) New England Girl; 12) Jessica at Alright, Still; 13) Nicole at My Teacups in Peony; 14) Aubrey at Made You Blush; 15) Adele at Poptart.
Then, KS from While We're Waiting awarded me with this adorable award (thank you!). There weren't any formal rules, so I'm just going to award three girls who are like the sprinkles on my cupcake: Margarita, my sis, the cupcake expert extraordinaire; Josie from Josiebean!, who has returned(!); and Steph from That Girl Is Hoisin' who has also returned to blogging! All three of you gals cheer me right up.Whew, after all that I just have two requests:
1) If you have any Ask Nikolett questions (advice-related or find-out-more-about-me-related), ask in the comments or e-mail me!
2) Does anyone want to guest blog for me next week? The week of the aforementioned Muse concert is also the week I have 4 papers due in 4 days (GAH!), so next week I'm going to try to finish them all and I'd really appreciate your lovely voice on here while I'm sitting, highly caffeinated, in a dark room with a laptop at 4 in the morning haha.
Hope you've had a good start to your week! :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
22 comments:
Aww! I am given the beautiful blogger award! Thank you for making me feel beautiful! :D
and lol. oh your pictures makes me wanting for some french fries... yummmm... ♥
and guest blogging! I always think I need to try doing it once (or more, lol) in a liftime, so maybe I'll give it a shot? ;D
Those french fries look delish!! Thanks for the award darling!!
Thanks for the award, Nikolett! You know exactly how to brighten my day, don't you?
And I agree, 2010 is a sucky movie! I hated it too. And hey, you're not the only one who'd like to see the boy's 27 dresses. I'm curious as well of his collection! Hahaha.
You know I'd really want to guest post for you, but then I don't wanna commit yet 'cause I have tons of work next week. Actually, I need to work extra harder; I'm going on a holiday next weekend, and I gotta get the work done before leaving. Next time, darling, hopefully.
Good luck on your school stuff! And MUSE!!!!! I'm so jealous! :(
I love 27 Dresses... so cute :)
And those french fries look so delicious... I was hungry before reading your post and now I am pretty much starving over here!!
I am glad you are smiling again :-)
I could try to guest blog for you! I have never tried it before (seems like a lot of pressure to fill ur shoes) lol but it would be fun to try!
Good luck with all of your upcoming work and congrats on all the awards!
Cuddles are the best :)
Oh you mean that is a real fire hydrant? So cute! I love that it's so red, I thought it was a pendant or a Lego piece :D
I am PMS-ing and craving for all kinds of food, and now you've got me craving for McDonald's Twister Fries.
And thanks so much for the Beautiful Blogger Award! Awesome!
Ooh guest posts! I've never done that before, sounds fun :D I would love to (shamelessly) volunteer as well :D Good luck on your papers, you somehow make me glad I'm through all those (oops sorry nyahaha).
PS: Srsly, how totally random this reply is? :D
what the what?! i'm the sprinkles to your cupcake?! yayyy. thanks so much! i'm so glad to be back! love the photos. xoxo, steph p.s. muse concert? jealous!
I watched 2012 this weekend too, except I liked it *hides face* haha!!
I wonder if we're going to get hit with more snow here in southern B.C. I hope not!!
those fries look amazing, and now I'm starving for those EXACT ones lol!! Congratulations on the award!! always totally well deserved lady!! hope you had a nice weekend and a lovely Monday!!
Aww thank you for the award/shout out! I've missed you/the blogging world TONS. I'm still playing catch up so it's a little overwhelming, buy definitely so much fun!! Glad you had a good weekend, I'm already anxious for friday to get here again already :P oh and MUSE! So excited for you, my 2 friends are going to see them here in Boston soon, so I can't wait for all the updates. I've seen them only once before and that was like, 3yrs ago...wows! Matt Bellamy is so amazing on the guitar/keyboard/vocally. Basically he's the whole package and more! Haha. Ok sorry for this novel of a comment, I've just been gone for so long!! Good to be back :)
That food looks niceeeeee :) Hope you're doing well lovely
Loves xxxxx
your boy is a keeper. it's rare to find a boy who doesn't mind to watch chick flick
Strawberry banana bubble tea?! That sounds yummy. I need to try one of those. =)
Awwwwww....thank you so much! This makes me so happy. :D Love you for this.
Also, as for the ask nikolett question..i got one. HOW DO YOU GET YOURSELF TO STUDYING when the fear of failure is too much because there are too many expectations attached to it?
must you torture me with food pictures? hahaha I have big news, will tell you about it later. Nothing too certain buttt..ah will just tell you about it later.
I love you! Thanks for the award :)
I feel your pain lady. It stormed one of the days I was in NYC and I could only see enough to get across the street to Starbucks. Note to self...bring an umbrella if you're traveling to a place that's expecting snow. Silly little Florida girl am I. Ah ha ha. And your food pic is making me hunnnnnnngry!
hey asian white person!!! you and your bubbletea. hahaha! but uhmmm.. i dont see any PEARLS in those... are you lying to me?!?!? i KNOW bbt when i see it. hahah jk jk ;P and yes.. pizza and honey garlic chicken wings can cheer anyone up but your boy doesn't mind watching chick flicks with you? lucky you! haha! my guy will do a bit of "awww!! awww!!! awwww... come on.. really? why!! whyyyy!!! awww!!!" but then he'll agree to it! :P
oh ps - we dont want your snow.. we're getting wonderful sunny weather now. hahaha! well... maybe the olympians might want it but not me.
p.p.s - thanks for the award!!!
So I really wish that I could just, like, climb into your purse and go see Muse with you - but I won't push it. And please, what is bubble tea, and why have I never had it before? It looks scrummy!
Congratulations on the awards, my love!! :)
josies's back!? i have to go say hi!! you are the sweeetest, thanks for that award! im determined to do an awards post soon, i have so many to catch up on! im such a slacker. but happy you cheered up your boy and we're expecting snow tonight. boo! it was 65 degrees this past weekend! ok random comment haha love u pretty lady!
omg those fries look amazing! they're probably one of my top 3 favorite foods.
please visit my new blog at: http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/
Make me want to eat french fries!!!
Thanks for the award hun. I think you're beautiful too :)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment