Pages

a weekend of lurve...and free drinks.

What do you end up doing when you have a day off, or say, a few days off? Apparently for me, it's sleep in and play Sims 2 for half the time, while playing Bejeweled Blitz the other half of the day. I've been a little unproductive school-wise, but with a week off, I just want to cool my engines and relax. And a weekend with friends and The Boy certainly helped me to do just that.

On Friday night was one of my closest friend's birthday celebration. Since high school there's been a group of six of us that have hung on and been there for each other for so many years. This year was a little different, since one of the girls kind of drifted away, but we still managed to have fun. We were supposed to go to this new bowling alley that's been renovated to a fancy restaurant/bar/bowling place, but ... I kind of screwed up the reservations (classic me, right there). So instead, we went spontaneous :)

First, we watched the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics (well as much as we could before we left). There's something about having it on your own soil that makes you more patriotic in a sense. Although I heard that Wayne Gretzky had some technical difficulties lighting the torch or something? Ahh wells, Canada has its first gold medal, whoop! 



But yes, after that we headed to a restaurant near my Uni. That picture up there is one of my closest friends (not the birthday girl though) and her amazing new camera that I want to swipe away from her (accidentally of course, hehe). 

 
The ceiling of the restaurant and the birthday girl with her Electric Strawberry drink :)


After that, one of the gals had to leave since she had work early the next day, so we settled on a random bar that we've never been to. There was a live band that did covers, anywhere from Katy Perry to Beyonce to The Police, and everyone's voices were amazing

But before we went in there, me and one of my friends just walked in without the other two just to check out the place and make sure it was alright. As we walked by the main windows, this random creeper knocks on the window from the inside and smiles. 

Once we all headed inside, me and that same girl headed to the bar to get drinks (three beers, and a rum and coke for me). As my friend ordered the beers, the bartender says, "By the way, these are covered. I can't tell you who, but you don't have to pay for these." Me and my friend were like, "WTF mate?" We suspected it was that same creeper, but no one came up to us and acknowledged the drinks during the night so ... we got a couple of free drinks. Success!



At the bar, before busting out our crazy dance moves :)


And as I mentioned yesterday, my weekend was full of long overdue cuddling with The Boy. We spent Saturday munching on lots of calories at Burger King (so yummy, though~) and then catching up on Jersey Shore (yes, we love it for its pointless entertainment). 

Then Sunday, I headed over with some dinner in tupperware for a low-key Valentine's Day dinner (chicken and rice with veggies). As soon as I walked into his place, I was greeted by a big hug. Then he swerved around, went into a room and came back with an adorable bouquet of Gerbara daisies. The day before, I had told him my favourite flowers were Tiger Lilies, and to see bright orange daisies ... well it meant a lot :) I'll admit, I'm a sucker for flowers.

But that wasn't all ... I headed into his bedroom and there was a bouncy helium balloon. So much for low-key, huh? But I really appreciated it ... the rest of the night was low-key as we ate dinner and watched a movie (Avatar, which I may or may not have obtained a little illegally on DVD so it wasn't in 3D but it was still really good and Pocahontas-like), but I felt loved ... and do everyday. And I hope you do, too.

This weekend (plus this week off) is definitely my simple smile of the week :)



I really hope you all had an amazing weekend, no matter who you spent it with or what you did!
Annnd: I have a favour to ask!

Well, two actually. First, if you haven't already, wish a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the amazing Mayra at Life is Bananas! :) Hope you've had an amazing day!

Annnd second, if you have any advice questions you want to ask (about relationships, jobs, anything of the like) or you just want to know something about me: ask away!

I'll be doing the second Ask Nikolett either this Thursday or next Thursday, just depending on the replies :) I know a few of you asked questions from before, I have those ready, not to worry!

So yes, ask away and then have a beautiful day and sweet dreams :)

btemplates

18 comments:

littletiara said...

:O looks fun! Especially the free drinks, hehe <3

and ask nikolett! yay! I didn't participate in the first chance, now I'm gonna ask you... hmm...

what would your dream wedding be like?

What? I just want to ask about it :P you know I'm a sucker for anything wedding related, lol.

Anonymous said...

Very cute :) I'm glad you're having fun. It wasn't Wayne, btw, it was the torches not rising out of the floor! 3 of them did but the 4th remained below :) Anyway, sounds like so much fun!!!

^^^
And for the answer above - she has no idea, I'm planning it ;)

Unknown said...

yayyy to free drinks! yay to birthdays! yay to filipinos! haha! boo to bejeweled. it's seriously eating up so much of my time. Every free moment I have, i try to beat my own score on that darn game. hahaha!

Yep, there were technical difficulties with the lighting of the torch at the end. it was awkward. but still, GO CANADA! wooooo! you should've jsut made a trip out here NOW instead of planning for this summer! you are missing out on one BIG party! :)

belated happy vday my neeekoneekolet.

krissy ♥ said...

Fun times! I'm glad you had a lurvely weekend! :)

That photo of you and your boyfriend looks so sweet! And sneaky surprises are the best, I bet you still feel warm and giddy and mushy! :D Also, Dane LOVES Burger King! When we go out and there is a BK branch wherever we're going we cannot eat anywhere else :D

PS: That Electric Strawberry drink looks super tempting! :D

sarah said...

happy valentiiiiiines daaaaaaaay nik!

Andhari said...

Helium baloons? How sweet, you're definitely his princess. I got all gushy reading that :D happy valentine's day, dearie.

Unknown said...

Ok...pass me one of those electric strawberry drinks. Yummo!!!

And second...that's quite the camera your friend has there. Very BIG. I bet it takes good pics though. I'm glad to see you had a wonderful weekend. Bowling is always F.U.N. :)

Rhianne said...

looks like you had a great weekend, I always end up playing bejeweled as well.

We had vegetables and mozerella on our pizzas, they were pretty amazing though huge lol :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Looks like you had a great few days off from work. Believe it or not, I've never played Bejeweled, but I am currently addicted to playing Jungle Jewels on facebook. I'm so addicted to it that I end up playing it until 2am and sometimes when I have work, I have to get up at 5am. Crazy! Anyway, I love the pictures, you guys look like you had a lot of fun. And that last picture of you with your special someone is just so adorable.

rachaelgking said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Love that pic of you two. You are adorable!

erika sorocco said...

Free drinks without the hassle of a creeper - please and thank you. So the perfect way to get the night started!

Awww...it sounds like you had the cutest Valentine's Day ever, Nikolett! Yayay!

And Happy, Happy Belated Birthday, Mayra - love my little bananas!! :)

Sierra said...

What a nice and relaxing weekend! Your boyfriend is too sweet and free drinks are awesome. Awww, I like the daisies - my boy got me tulips, unique flowers huh?! Enjoy your week!

Jenny said...

It's sweet you guys are all still friends (sans the drifted one.) Usually everyone drifts at once so the fact 5 of you are still chillin' is amazing!! True friendship!

the girl in stiletto said...

my bejeweled buddy! :D the boy is adorb to have bought you bright orange daisies and helium balloon! i mean, he must have thought you're such a sunshine that the bright orange daisies reminded him of you and therefore bought it for you.

awwww. cute! :D

Adele said...

aww looks like you had a blast! i wish ian believed in flowers! boo. (; xo

AVY said...

Free drinks are the best drinks.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Now, doesn't that look like a fabulous time?? You look gorgeous lady!

Jessica said...

So you're still into SIMS2 huh? I miss it already; I quit a long time ago because it's consuming too much space in my laptop. You make me wanna go back to playing again! :)

Nice to know you had a wonderful weekend. That gift from the boy is obviously a romantic, Vday treat. Lucky girl, you!

Can't wait for your next Ask Nikolett. I wonder what you're answer to my question is going to be?