Pages

randomness 4A03

Well, the moment has arrived - I only have one exam left next Monday! But then I have a week of freedom and it's back to summer school :( It'll only be for a month and a half, and it's going to be an interesting class about death and dying; so I can't really complain, since it's all a part of my back-up plan. If this summer turns out the way I'm planning, it'll be an unforgettable four months.

What am I doing besides studying? I'm glad you asked, for I will tell you through pictures :)

Saturday: we braved the stormy skies to head to the bayfront for some yummy Belgian waffles!

Then we played Scrabble in the middle of the café (because we're nerds like that) - spot the naughty word ;)

 Hanging out by my friend's boat - but the weather was too nasty to lounge around on it.
*just kidding about that being her boat, by the way*

Sunday: Spent most of the day studying for my Monday morning exam, though I still made room for an hour long phone conversation with The Boy - always worth it. 

Monday: Wrote my exam in the morning and then once I headed  home and ate my fill, me and my closest friends got together for a hike! We've been there before and followed the marked trails - the rest of their girls in their sensible sneakers, and me in my flip-flops. My excuse? From the time I was 7, I spent springs and summers running through forests and construction sites in flip-flops and I feel weird exploring without them ... and I also need to buy running shoes, so that's excuse #2.

We ended up hiking for two hours - unintentionally. We live on an escarpment/mountain and we followed the trail - including me sliding/crawling on a huge log/tree trunk on top of a ditch - until we realized we were going down the escarpment, and before you know it we were looking at the lower part of the city. So we had to backtrack and go all the way back ... but we decided to reward ourselves with some Booster Juice, pizza, and popcorn ... oh yes, we eat healthy after a hike ;) 

Crossing the river to look at the waterfall :)

The river/stream leading down to the waterfall.

Group photo ... further evidence that most of my friends are Filipino (don't know how that happened!)

The waterfall and three of us :)
Pretty flowers starting to bloom and my first foot photo for Nicole's feet photo posts (though I think this is her first week not doing them - I have perfect timing haha). The Boy calls them hobbit feet.

The trillium flower - the official flower of our province.

A view at the lower part of my city - and the apartment building I lived in from when I was born to 7 years old!

 Picspam enough for ya?

This time next week I'll be a happy lady, but for now it's back to studying. This weekend was definitely a simple smile despite the exam, though :) And last chance for any Ask Nikolett questions - there aren't too many on there, and I'd love to answer some more!

What made your weekend great?
And what's your simple smile of this week?

And thanks for your feedback about the diary entry below - made me smile how many people read BSC in their younger years, and I'll definitely share some more entries in the future!

btemplates

24 comments:

littletiara said...

test?

Anonymous said...

I see a penis in there!!

That waffle looks absolutely amazing!! We went hiking this weekend too (and it took 4 freakin hours and we got lost too) but it was all worth it :)

josie(bean) said...

ok so first off, i love all the pics! belgian waffles are some of my favorite eats of all time, but those specific ones you got to eat look aaaah-mazing! so much noms. and i love living in the city, but id definitely wouldnt mind having a sweet escarpment/mountain (complete with an awesome waterfall!) to hike during the summer. oh and lastly, you truly are a twinkie nikolett, haha.

hope you have a lovely rest of your week lady :) i only have 6 days left of classes - but until they are officially over i am nonstop working like a madlady (well, that's not true considering commenting on your blog isnt work, but a much needed break indeed!)

littletiara said...

T__________________T

I've written a LONG super LONG comment, and it disappeared... I forgot to copy it, darn...

okay, I'll just write it all again...

1. Those waffles are killer! The ice cream, the strawberry jam (or whatever red thing there), the HUGE waffles... you're killing me with that single picture *dead*

no, I can't die yet because I still have to write more, lol.

2. I LOVE scribbles! Hahaha... So long since the last time I did it, hahahaha... I love how I can create new word from it, hahaha... yes I sleazy like that, and it's so dorky, and nerdy, but good! because dork is the new cool, mwahahaha... nerd too :P

3. You got me at your friend boat, really, I really thought it was your friend, lol... I'm that easy huh?

4. lol at your 2 hours adventure, lololol... bet it's tiring, I won't do that, because yes I'm girly and spoiled like that, well.. maybe I'll do it when I'm in a good mood, which means REALLY good mood, hahahaha... but the view is nice so I think it was worth it?

5. The waterfall is SO gorgeous! I love it! Can you go down under and play splashing the water? No? Aww... I love playing with water,hahaha... it doesn't seem like you can go to the base though, am I right?

6. The picture with the apartment is... I don't know why but it's sweet (at least for me), it's a place full of memories for you, which I don't have, lol, been moving around too much, every place has memories for me then :P *that sounds good, no? haha

7. I love those little flowers just because! Oh well, I always love little things, though, maybe explain why littletiara, hahaha.. anyway, those little blooming flowers are so pretty! x)

8. lol. Hobbit feet! No comment! :P

9. The last picture is my favorite, hahaha... how can you not sweat out a bit after all the adventure??? o.o how could youu???

is this long enough? I tried to recall what I've written previously, and now I won't forget to copy it first, haha, love ya!

the girl in stiletto said...

simple smile? the words penis, men, neat, on your scrabble board :p

Manju said...

penis? lolololololllllllllll naughty xD
ohhh thats so cool, living somewhere with such a trail!

Honey Bee said...

Beautiful pictures!
Waterfalls are my favourite part of nature.

You three look too pretty! Hope you kick ass with the papers. :)
x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!
Waterfalls are my favourite part of nature.

You three look too pretty! Hope you kick ass with the papers. :)
x

Sierra said...

Looks like you had a lovely time and my mouth is just watering over that delicious dessert and waffles that you had! I love hiking, there are always so many adventures to explore. Glad you are enjoying yourself.

Katy said...

Hey, they say you should be eating fast-digesting carbs right after a workout. ;)

The waffles look amazing!

Hope Chella said...

Belgian waffles and scrabble = Bliss

Great blog! I'm following now :) xx
Hope

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That belgian waffle looks like a piece of heaven! Hope you did well on your exam!

krissy ♥ said...

Oh my glee, I seriously want to have me some of those Belgian Waffles!

I did a lot of Scrabble before, too! I absolutely hated PE classes and will play Scrabble instead of volleyball. I am such a dork :D

You look so pretty and fresh after the hike! I wish I can do that here, too. It's an urban jungle here!

Good luck to your exams Nikolett, and hello to your Filipino friends! :)

Oh, btw, I just got a two days-vacation leave from work, I haven't quit yet ;) My tranchemates and I are actually celebrating our third year with the company this Friday! :D

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

That waffle looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Nothing like a good hike with friends to complete your weekend!!!

Ok...that tree stump looks like a tic-tac-toe board. I would have totally busted out the rocks and sat down to play. Hahaha :)-

Nicole said...

Holy mother of!!! That waffle looks delish!! I need to find me one of those ASAP! I cant even go through the rest of your post! lol I am still salivating =D

bananas. said...

nothing wrong with filipino friends. they always have filipino parties and you know what that means...LUMPIAS! haha.

your weekend looked awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love Scrabble!

Last weekend, I went home to my parents' house. My mom's sisters, whom I haven't seen in almost 6 years, are in Arizona because a cousin of mine is getting married this Saturday. So, I went back home to see them and eat homemade food. :)

Emma Jade said...

those waffles look AMAZING!
xxx

Jess said...

Wow those waffles look spectacular! And scrabble in the cafe is pretty cool too.
Hope your study is going well!

Anonymous said...

The waffles made me drool.....what was the post about? lol.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I kinda need some waffles now!

Love Poem Collection said...

Wow! such a great photos. Love the photos. So you have a Filipinas friends there? Cool!

paddle to shore said...

YUMMM!! I'm so hungry for those waffles now hahaha