Pages

Project LoveDress Barbie!

About a month ago Andhari, Shirley and myself had a conversation about having too many dresses, needing a dress for a ball I'm going to this Friday (and I have one, yipee!) and finally ... having a date in February where a bunch of bloggers would dress up together. The result became Project Barbie or Project LoveDress. And the colour theme for February? Pink. [I had suggested red, hehe.]

My head hurt trying to think of where I could find a pink dress that wouldn't be ruffly as heck or a bright hot colour until I remembered I already had one in my closet (yes!). Two years ago before my trip to Poland, me and my close friend perused a mall downtown and went into a store about twenty minutes before it closed. And  that's when I found this dress ... I thought it was adorable and loved wearing it in Poland (I wore it on my first 'Harry Potter'-esque train ride, so this piece of fabric holds many memories). So without further ado, I present: Polish Barbie, because this one here seems a little out-dated.


I wanted to do this amazing photoshoot outside (since I had a feeling others would) but the fact that it's: a) ridiculously cold outside; and b) my photographer (The Boy) has been sick for the past few days, I relied on my trusty ten-second timer (and have gotten tea and Halls for my boy who hopefully makes a good recovery!). Which means I took a bunch of random pictures all over my house, ohhh yeah.

 

  
These are my "let's practice posing!" pictures.


And, I ended up taking one full-body shot but I have to warn you, it makes this dress look more like a t-shirt. I blame long legs and the angle, hehe. And I was cuddling my dog at the time, so he makes a blurry appearance:

I promise this dress covers my bum! But yes, it was fun dressing up ... I remember doing this a few times as a teenager, dressing up just for fun and taking pictures. It's good to bring out that side of yourself, even if immediately afterwards I just piled myself into my PJ's and drank some hot cocoa.

But yes! If you happened to miss this month's edition of Project Barbie, stayed tuned to Andhari's blog; maybe it'll be something monthly, or bi-monthly? Or, if you happen to have some time today, just wear something pink -- doesn't have to be a dress -- and show your pictures! You can leave a comment to your blog if you've done it - or comment on Andhari's, since I think she's compiling all the photos!

And, surprisingly for me, this isn't the last day I'll be dressing up this week. My university's holding a ball that I'm considering my 'prom' since I never went to a formal dance in my four years here. So I guess this Saturday you can expect some pictures from there, too.

Oh, and if you haven't already, take a look at my giveaway, since it finishes in five days :)

Wednesday Wishes will be coming back with a vengeance next week. Since watching Leap Year in the theatres with my friends and re-watching P.S. I Love You with my mom on Sunday, I've been day-dreaming about one place in particular (ten points if you know what this place this).


Hope you've had a great week so far!

And if not ... hope the rest of the week makes up for it :)

btemplates

14 comments:

Andhari said...

DAM GURRRRLLLL.:D

You loookkk hot! Thanks for playing :D I'm stealing for my posts hehe

Iva Messy said...

you looks fabulous lady!!! what a cute dress and a really fun project! I hope you have a great time at the Ball too ;)

Honey Bee said...

Sooo cute! I love the pink and chocolate brown combination.

Manju said...

you are sooooooooooooo cuteeeee!!!! i love your dress. i STILL havent seen leap year. boo D:

Angela said...

You look adorable. : )

Sara Strand said...

YOu are such a cutie patootie! I'm not totally feeling the dress, but I am LOVING your shoes. Where the hell did you get those?!

Sierra said...

You look so pretty, just like a princess! ;)

bananas. said...

that dress is so stinkin cute on you and YOUR LEGS!! do you know i have none so to see yours makes me a tad bit jealous.

erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh you are the cutest thing ever! And I so need that dress!! :)

Meg said...

such a cute dress! it looks like spring has arrived...

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to dresses.
But you look cute.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You look just adorable in that frock. And I loooooove your eye makeup!

krissy ♥ said...

Nikolett! You're a beautiful Polish Barbie! :)

Carlito86 said...

Aww Nikolett you look so beautiful!! You little doll xxxx